Can I Coat My Garage Floor In Winter?
Yes, We Can Install Your New Garage Floor In Winter
Many of our customers ask, “Can I coat my garage floor in winter” or if they should wait to have their garage floor coating installed in spring or summer. The answer is yes, we can install your garage floor in winter, but the weather does play a factor.
ArmourFlo can install your new garage flooring in temperatures above freezing, with dry conditions, and better yet; we can complete the installation in a day. Polyaspartic floor coatings, unlike traditional epoxy coatings, have a lower temperature threshold, shorter install time, and faster cure time, which makes it ideal for installing in residential and commercial garages during colder months.
Don’t Wait For Road Salt And Moisture To Ruin Your Garage Concrete
We all get busy and put off things we know we shouldn’t. So if it’s already cold outside, and you’re dreading the next snowfall along with the road salt and moisture on your garage concrete, don’t worry. You can still schedule a one-day installation of a new garage floor when the temperature is above 32˚F and weather conditions are dry.
Don’t wait for the road salt to come in contact with your garage’s concrete. White stains on your garage floor caused by road salt and snow are difficult to remove, making it look messy and ugly.
Even more critical, your concrete’s pore structure absorbs more water with the road salt, leading to increased pressure inside the concrete when it freezes in cold weather. It does not take long after this before your concrete begins to chip or even crack completely.
Same High-Quality, Resilient Floor Coating
You do not have to settle for a lower-quality garage floor just because we install it during winter. A polyaspartic garage floor coating offers tremendous benefits, whether it is installed in colder or warmer temperatures.
- Durable: Polyaspartic coatings are scratch and impact resistant. Freely pick up your tools when they fall on our floor coating without fear of floor damage.
- Chemical Bond: They strongly bond to your concrete floor and stay in place for up to twenty years—no chips, cracks, or peels.
- Non-yellowing: Unlike traditional epoxy coatings, polyaspartic is resilient to UV rays, so there will be no discoloration when the garage is open, and sun rays are shining on your floor.
- 1-Day Installation: There’s no need to wait for days before stepping into your space. Polyaspartic coatings can be fully installed and cured in 24 hours!
- Temperature Tolerant: Whether installed indoors or outdoors, you won’t have to worry about the effect of harsh weather.
- Easy Cleaning: Your new floor will stay looking fantastic with basic sweeping and mopping for your floor.
- Hygienic: A polyaspartic garage floor coating is seamless, antibacterial, and without VOCs, making it very hygienic.
- Customizable: You get the same colors and patterns in traditional epoxy flooring.
It’s Not Too Late To Winterize Your Garage Floor
Remember that there is always time to winterize your garage floor. Take advantage of the numerous flooring options offered by ArmourFlo to protect your concrete and prevent the hazards of winter damage. In addition, your garage flooring investment will save you from repair costs and the headaches and sight of a damaged floor later.
A polyaspartic coating is a unique combination of chemicals that is environmentally friendly, incredibly resilient, and convenient to install. ArmourFlo specialists are experienced and knowledgeable in using professional equipment and processes to prepare your concrete surface for long-lasting results. We use the highest-grade materials not found in DIY kits or big box stores to ensure quality and guarantee your satisfaction. Rest assured; your polyaspartic flooring will cure correctly, look beautiful, and last for decades.
Contact us today to discuss your flooring needs.