Polished Concrete Flooring
Enhance The Strength And Beauty Of Your Floors With A Polished Concrete Floor
Save Up To $1500
An ArmourFlo polished concrete floor offers exceptional beauty, durability, and low maintenance. Polishing concrete floors requires a great deal of expertise, and ArmourFlo’s experienced flooring specialists get the job done right with specialized heavy-duty polishing machines equipped with diamond-impregnated disks that gradually grind down surfaces to the desired degree of shine and smoothness. The smooth, reflective surface of polished concrete creates incredible brightness and invites a stunning array of options for coloring, scoring, and creating radial lines, grids, bands, borders, and other designs. Stains and dyes are the most popular application for enhancing already existing polished concrete.
Polishing is a multistep process, and Louisville’s ArmourFlo offers options to choose the desired level of sheen – from satin to high-gloss — that meets your maintenance and aesthetic requirements. This versatility makes polished concrete an ideal flooring material for a variety of applications. An ArmourFlo flooring expert can present ideas for coloring with stains and dyes, decorative engraving, stenciled graphics, and faux finishes for your polished concrete floor. Combined with the application of a densifier, our low-maintenance and durable polished concrete floors are a flooring solution that will stand the test of time and outperform any other concrete sealer or concrete paint available.
Polished Concrete Floors Offer Many Benefits For Commercial And Residential Spaces
- Cost savings: Using the slab on grade as the finished floor surface is more cost effective, maintenance costs are lower
- More resistant to high foot traffic: Polished concrete surfaces are tightly compacted, which eliminates the labor to maintain sheen.
- Increased slip resistance: Polished concrete, though very shiny, does not create a slippery floor. The coefficient of friction increases compared to ordinary concrete by the mechanical grinding and flattening on the floor.
- Meet or exceed OSHA standards for floors
- Less maintenance and longer service life: Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping. They also eliminate the need for messy waxes or coatings as well as the associated labor, time, and expense to apply them. The glossy surface of polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires and staining from oil and chemical spills.
- Resistant to moisture transmission issues: Polished concrete allows the floor to breathe and eliminates issues that arise with other flooring materials that seal off the concrete, such as tile, etc.
- High light reflectivity: Important for office building floors, hotels, restaurants, and other public facilities that want to project a bright, clean, professional image. Also saves energy by reducing artificial lighting requirements
- A sustainable flooring alternative: Polished concrete does not require hazardous coatings, cleaners, or adhesives and typically contains no VOCs, which makes it friendly for USBG LEED projects.
- Reduced tire wear: The uneven, abrasive texture in natural concrete causes tires to wear. ArmourFlo polished concrete floors make the entire surface smooth without abrasion.
- Minimal production shutdown: Dry-mechanically polished concrete can be used immediately after the process is complete. It is a clean process without toxic or hazardous chemicals, and floors can often be serviced while a plant is in full production.
- No dusting: Unpolished concrete experiences particles of dust pushed to the surface through hydrostatic pressure, which can cause high maintenance costs. Polished concrete flooring eliminates maintenance costs.
Polished Concrete Floors Are An Environmentally Sustainable Solution
Concrete is a fundamental building block, and polished concrete offers superior durability with minimal environmental impact. Green building standards continue to rise, and ArmourFlo polished concrete floors are natural, durable, affordable, beautiful, and sustainable. ArmourFlo specialists use state-of-the-art equipment and floor tooling to achieve the desired reflectivity, and companies can be assured we meet or exceed environmentally responsible construction practices.
Request a Free Quote for your next flooring project.